http://www.mediadump.com/hosted-id176-actors-in-character-now-that-is-acting.html
I found this page on stumbleupon, the scourge of the internet. Not only do I think these are some quality photos of some very talented actors, I thought it was a really great idea for a shoot. Alot of times, there seems to be some controversy over the talent levels of TV actors. Some, like Hugh Laurie, fall far beyond the reaches of daytime TV criticism, but others (Thomas Haden Church {is he even on TV?}) are perhaps a little more questionable. To be honest, I wasn't totally blown away by the still shots of some of these actor's emotional portrayals, but all in all, I thought it evidenced some real talent on these performer's parts. It's difficult enough to convey action or emotion without words- depriving the actors of movement through still photography increased the challenge even more. I'm especially interested in how some actors used their bodies much more than others- some just used hands and face (Hugh Laurie) and others (Amy Poehler) engaged their whole bodies. It's something I think is disregarded in acting sometimes- we're so used to just seeing close shots of actor's faces while they rattle off a well sculpted line, we often take for granted the immense talent many of them have.
It is interesting to see how those actors respond differently using their facial and body languages. I think this really shows who got the talent to act without using words to describe the reaction. I like Brendan Fraser reactions, especially when he is doing the sixth grade boy.
ReplyDelete