http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjXQ-MRmROQ&feature=related
(ignore the french bit- the actual song is in english.)
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCpOKtN8ME&feature=related
and possibly my favorite,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW02c5UNGl0&feature=related
I don't think I could ever express just how much I love this movie. If you've never seen it, I really recommend it. It's essentially the perfect American Screen Musical- funny, charming, upbeat, and a little bit ridiculous. But it's not just your generic feel good movie- the acting, first of all, is PHENOMENAL. Secondly, the script is pretty much perfectly crafted- all the characters are true to form in their dialog while remaining dynamic, a difficult feat in a comedy. Third, the entire concept is framed in such a way that the hugely self indulgent song-and-dance bits are still pertinent to the overall theme, culminating in the final scene where the movie advertises itself, breaking the "fourth wall" like it kind of did in the beginning. \
MOSTLY. Cosmo Brown. Lena Lamonte. That's all I have to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment