Friday, February 11, 2011
Facetime.
Today I gave up skype, and that's saying alot for me. On a usual day, I'll be on skype for at least three hours on end. My boyfriend and I are really close, and so skype is a really great tool for us. That isn't to say we talk the whole time we're online. I'll have skype on while I'm doing homework or playing a game online- it allows us to have constant availability without constant chatter. However, today, there will be no constant communication. In fact, there will be hardly any communication for the rest of the weekend. I'm going on a retreat, where computers, ipods, cellphones, etc, will all be off limits. I know I'll make it through, as I have countless times in the past, but I certainly won't care for it. Not only will I not be able to see my honey's face while we chat, I won't be able to talk to him at all. Sometimes people give me a hard time because he and I talk to eachother so often, but I thought that's how it's supposed to be. I don't think it's unhealthy- I talk to him not out of necessity or insecurity, but because he genuinely is more interesting than anyone else I know. I see nothing wrong with having an open dialogue (open as in without time-constraint) with anyone, especially with your sweetheart. What do you think? Is it unhealthy to talk to your boyfriend/girlfriend all the time? How much of a relationship nowadays is facilitated through electronic communication?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't see anything wrong with that. Tommy and I talk as much as possible. I think it's a bit much if your significant other is being clingy and is invasive and doesn't know when to give you your space. But if the two of you love talking to each other for hours on end, then go for it.
ReplyDelete-Victoria
I don't anything wrong with it either. I'm just like you with the whole skype thing. My boyfriend and I will get on and just do our own thing, but we're still there to talk and see each other. Communication is good and the fact that you two keep this as a routine just shows that you two are dedicated to each other even through distance.
ReplyDelete